New user questions

  • ddkirtley
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2010
      I have inherited a PNC-2500 at work.

      So far so good. I have it milling. Finally found this place and got the software. Just played with the printer driver mode and figuring out how to zero the axis and the like.

      First questions:

      Is there some magic supplier I have not found yet that has parts and tooling? I am specifically looking for fine engraving bits for PC boards at this point.

      Is there some guide for tramming? I have noticed that my table slopes back a bit. Should I just make an adjustable holding fixture and get on with my life?

      Are there some other collets that would fit to use small shank bits (1/8)? The collet looks pretty non-standard but I don't claim to being a collet expert...