Re: CAMM3 file format

  • rsdanielrs
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2007
      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "cadcamcreations" <cadcamcreations@...>
      wrote:

      > Do you want some software to trial on this machine? I could upload it
      > to you? It runs on windows and machines out 3D STL files or 2D DXF
      > files or your own drawings in the software?
      > It will run for three days but sometimes just keeps on working
      > I use it every day.
      >
      > Graham

      A gracious thanks for the offer.

      At the moment I am just trying to get everything running:
      Manual moves ok.
      Serial line works.
      Simple moves via serial aren't quite what I expect.

      I believe it is user error and have a bit of RTFM to do first.

      I am not running Windows but eComStation, a decendent of OS/2. In the
      way that Vista is a decendent of NT (and OS/2 by the way).

      It can run all the Win 3.1 stuff in addition to native programs and
      Linux ports. So I am playing with the 3.1 programs I have first. With
      more difficulty it also runs much of the 32 bit Win stuff.

      Why? It is consistent. I know it. It has no viruses.

      That doesn't mean it is theoretically virus proof. Just not a target
      big enough to bother shooting at. There are advantages to being a weed
      in a monoculture when viruses are about.

      If I get to the point where I need more sophisticated software I will
      surely take you up on the offer.

      Thanks again,

      Dan Carroll