Info on this machine sort after

  • tecfacet
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1 8:09 AM
      Hello,

      I would like to purchase a Roland rotary engraver for a church fund raising project.

      Does anyone know of one for sale at a reasonable cost?

      Thank you....

      Roger
    • cadcamcreations
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2 5:40 AM
        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "db" <dbueckers000@...> wrote:

        > Hi, having problems with the x-axis on this machine. Have owned it since it was new, well almost new. Had 20 hours on it. It was used for a magazine review long ago.
        >
        > Last year the problems started. So I cleaned and re greased ethe slides and screw. It worked fine up to a few months ago. Tried cleaning and greasing again but still having problems
        > It is telling me the motor is weak or motor controler is turning flakey or the Power supply getting old. Caps may be drying out.
        >
        > Before I go crazy and start swaping stuff, would like to see if any others have had the same problem and can tell we what they did to fix it.
        >
        > Farmer Dave

        Hi Dave,
        Had this exact problem many years ago on the camm 3, The stepper motor is connected to the screw with a brass collar and the screw is held tight to this with a small grub screw which takes an allen key.
        This had slightly worked loose on mine so it was traveling intermittently, I reasoned it was a mechanical local problem as it only affected the x axis and that's what it was.

        Graham