Info on this machine sort after

  • Darryl
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2010
      Hi, we have just bought one of these machines but the software was not with this machine. We have some idea what this machine can do and were sent a disc to upload the software but we are unable to get the machine and computer to communicate. Do we need another programme as we are trying to run this on the home computer with only Office and Windows Vista. If someone can assist us with step by step instructions and anything we need to get as in software we would be most be appreciated. We are hoping to use this in our wood-turning business and as it stands at the moment it is taking up a lot of space in the office. We also paid $500 Aussie dollars for it were we ripped off as the man of the house saw it at a tender so put in a bid.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2010
        Welcome to the group Darryl,
        If you have a look in the files section, ALL of Roland's software is posted there. Download each one and install. You'll also need to download the drivers. Install the drivers (it will appear as a normal printer in control panel) I haven't run a CAMM3 under Vista, and wouldn't recommend it - stick with XP, it should work much better.

        $500 is an absolute bargain!

        Feel free to ask any questions,
        Dan

        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Darryl" <darryl_freestone@...> wrote:

        > Hi, we have just bought one of these machines but the software was not with this machine. We have some idea what this machine can do and were sent a disc to upload the software but we are unable to get the machine and computer to communicate. Do we need another programme as we are trying to run this on the home computer with only Office and Windows Vista. If someone can assist us with step by step instructions and anything we need to get as in software we would be most be appreciated. We are hoping to use this in our wood-turning business and as it stands at the moment it is taking up a lot of space in the office. We also paid $500 Aussie dollars for it were we ripped off as the man of the house saw it at a tender so put in a bid.

      • db
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2010
          Hi,   having problems with the x-axis on this machine.   Have owned it since it was new,  well almost new. Had 20 hours on it.  It was used for a magazine review long ago.

          Last year the problems started.  So I cleaned and re greased ethe slides and screw.  It worked fine up to a few months ago.  Tried cleaning and greasing again but still having problems
          It is telling me the motor is weak or motor controler is turning flakey or the Power supply getting old.   Caps may be drying out.

          Before I go crazy and start swaping stuff,  would like to see if any others have had the same problem and can tell we what they did to fix it.

          Farmer Dave

        • tecfacet
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2010
            Hello,

            I would like to purchase a Roland rotary engraver for a church fund raising project.

            Does anyone know of one for sale at a reasonable cost?

            Thank you....

            Roger
          • cadcamcreations
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
              --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "db" <dbueckers000@...> wrote:

              > Hi, having problems with the x-axis on this machine. Have owned it since it was new, well almost new. Had 20 hours on it. It was used for a magazine review long ago.
              >
              > Last year the problems started. So I cleaned and re greased ethe slides and screw. It worked fine up to a few months ago. Tried cleaning and greasing again but still having problems
              > It is telling me the motor is weak or motor controler is turning flakey or the Power supply getting old. Caps may be drying out.
              >
              > Before I go crazy and start swaping stuff, would like to see if any others have had the same problem and can tell we what they did to fix it.
              >
              > Farmer Dave

              Hi Dave,
              Had this exact problem many years ago on the camm 3, The stepper motor is connected to the screw with a brass collar and the screw is held tight to this with a small grub screw which takes an allen key.
              This had slightly worked loose on mine so it was traveling intermittently, I reasoned it was a mechanical local problem as it only affected the x axis and that's what it was.

              Graham