Re: just picked up a pnc-3000

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
      I had a blown motor controller on my PNC-3000 and finally found a source (obsolete parts broker) of the Sanken motor drivers modules in China. I had to place a minimum order of $200. so I still have quite a few left over. If anyone ever needs one, I'll sell them for $15.00 each + shipping.

      It's been a while since the subject of replacement belts has come up; has anyone found a new source for replacement belts for the PNC-3000 series?

      Does anyone have a PNC-3000 that they are stripping parts from?

      Randall

      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "cadcamcreations" <cadcamcreations@...> wrote:

      > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "adamgorres" <adamgorres@> wrote:
      > >
      > > great to find the user manual here
      > >
      > > thanks!
      > >
      > > ag
      > >
      > A bit of advice before you start using the machine Adam, check that the fuses are the correct rating for the machine, one is in an unscrewable holder near the on off switch and the other two are inside the back on the main motherboard. If you try to machine something and the cutter jams but doesn't break it will forcibly stop the motor and the fuses should blow, but if they are incorrectly rated it will blow the motor controller board [ a small seperate board that houses the motor speed controller ]and I had the last spare in the 1990's!
      >
      > Graham

    • dave_mucha
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2010
        Can you send me some data about the drivers ?

        Dave

        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Randy" <rlogan@...> wrote:

        > I had a blown motor controller on my PNC-3000 and finally found a source (obsolete parts broker) of the Sanken motor drivers modules in China. I had to place a minimum order of $200. so I still have quite a few left over. If anyone ever needs one, I'll sell them for $15.00 each + shipping.
        >
        > It's been a while since the subject of replacement belts has come up; has anyone found a new source for replacement belts for the PNC-3000 series?
        >
        > Does anyone have a PNC-3000 that they are stripping parts from?
        >
        > Randall
        >

        > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "cadcamcreations" <cadcamcreations@> wrote:
        > >

        > > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "adamgorres" <adamgorres@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > great to find the user manual here
        > > >
        > > > thanks!
        > > >
        > > > ag
        > > >
        > > A bit of advice before you start using the machine Adam, check that the fuses are the correct rating for the machine, one is in an unscrewable holder near the on off switch and the other two are inside the back on the main motherboard. If you try to machine something and the cutter jams but doesn't break it will forcibly stop the motor and the fuses should blow, but if they are incorrectly rated it will blow the motor controller board [ a small seperate board that houses the motor speed controller ]and I had the last spare in the 1990's!
        > >
        > > Graham

      • tecfacet
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2010
          I would also like to know more about the drivers.

          Roger

          Can you send me some data about the drivers ?

          Dave

          --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups. com, "Randy" <rlogan@...> wrote:

          > I had a blown motor controller on my PNC-3000 and finally found a source (obsolete parts broker) of the Sanken motor drivers modules in China. I had to place a minimum order of $200. so I still have quite a few left over. If anyone ever needs one, I'll sell them for $15.00 each + shipping.
          >
          > It's been a while since the subject of replacement belts has come up; has anyone found a new source for replacement belts for the PNC-3000 series?
          >
          > Does anyone have a PNC-3000 that they are stripping parts from?
          >
          > Randall
          >

          > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups. com, "cadcamcreations" <cadcamcreations@ > wrote:
          > >

          > > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups. com, "adamgorres" <adamgorres@ > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > great to find the user manual here
          > > >
          > > > thanks!
          > > >
          > > > ag
          > > >
          > > A bit of advice before you start using the machine Adam, check that the fuses are the correct rating for the machine, one is in an unscrewable holder near the on off switch and the other two are inside the back on the main motherboard. If you try to machine something and the cutter jams but doesn't break it will forcibly stop the motor and the fuses should blow, but if they are incorrectly rated it will blow the motor controller board [ a small seperate board that houses the motor speed controller ]and I had the last spare in the 1990's!
          > >
          > > Graham

        • Randy
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2010
            The specifications for the modules can now be found in the files/parts folder for this group. If anyone is interested, you can send a direct email to me (rlogan@...) with your shipping info and I can determine a shipping cost for your area.

            I should also mention that the modules I purchased were described as "New, removed from new OEM equipment" so they do have some solder residue on the pins. I had no problems with the ones I put into my unit but I will provide a full refund for any modules that don't work.

            If anyone is looking for other replacement components for their PNC-3000 I may be able to help as my job often has me searching for obsolete components.

            Thanks,

            Randall

            --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "dave_mucha" <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

            > Can you send me some data about the drivers ?
            >
            > Dave

          • Randy
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11, 2010
              Forgot to mention that there is also a photo of one of the modules in the photos file.

              Randall