PNC 3000 CAMM 3 and Desk proto

  • cdmodelz
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2010
      Hi I am trying to program my PNC300 using Desk Proto.

      I create the toolpaths from my STL geometry and use the PNC3000 (no spindle control post processor). (metric mm). I take the file and open in notepad selecting print and selecting the roland as my printer. The machine moves but does not cut as the toolpaths suggest.

      Any help as I am lost as to the cause of the problem.
    • cadcamcreations
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 9, 2010
        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "cdmodelz" <cdmodelz@...> wrote:

        > Hi I am trying to program my PNC300 using Desk Proto.
        >
        > I create the toolpaths from my STL geometry and use the PNC3000 (no spindle control post processor). (metric mm). I take the file and open in notepad selecting print and selecting the roland as my printer. The machine moves but does not cut as the toolpaths suggest.
        >
        > Any help as I am lost as to the cause of the problem.

        Can I suggest if you are machining STLs you ditch the desk proto and download Toolchips Quickmill from www.toolchips.com and also download the plug in for the Roland Camm3 and then you can start machining. I have used this since 1989 it does work as my modelmaking business relies on it.

        Regards

        Graham
      • cyberzl1
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 9, 2010
          Do you have a link?  toolchips.com seems to be some Dutch marketing website.

          JW

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 9, 2010
            Try Roland Modela Player.
            You can download it from our files section. You can import your STL files and directly output to the PNC-3000 from that.
            Give it a try.

            Dan

            --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, cyberzl1 <cyberzl1@...> wrote:

            > Do you have a link?  toolchips.com seems to be some Dutch marketing website.
            >
            > JW

          • cadcamcreations
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 9, 2010
              --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, cyberzl1 <cyberzl1@...> wrote:

              > Do you have a link?  toolchips.com seems to be some Dutch marketing website.
              >
              > JW

              Graham

              > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups. com, "cdmodelz" <cdmodelz@ .> wrote:
              >

              > > Hi I am trying to program my PNC300 using Desk Proto.
              >

              > > I create the toolpaths from my STL geometry and use the PNC3000 (no spindle control post processor). (metric mm). I take the file and open in notepad selecting print and selecting the roland as my printer. The machine moves but does not cut as the toolpaths suggest.
              >

              > > Any help as I am lost as to the cause of the problem.
              >

              > Can I suggest if you are machining STLs you ditch the desk proto and download Toolchips Quickmill from www.toolchips. com and also download the plug in for the Roland Camm3 and then you can start machining. I have used this since 1989 it does work as my modelmaking business relies on it.
              >

              > Regards
              >

              > Graham

            • lablue79
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2014
                Hello I was reading your post, will you be able to send me a copy of the disk mention please...