PNC-3000 now compatible with Modela Player 4!

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 12, 2009
      Hi all,
      I've been working hard on a way to get the PNC-3000 working with Modela Player 4 now for some time, and have written a small parser which will ensure the output from Modela Player 4 is compatible with the command set for the PNC-3000.

      I've compiled it all and uploaded it in the files section (parser.zip). There is a small PDF guide worth a read. It was designed and tested on Windows Server 2003, but should work fine on XP/2000/98. Don't know about Vista yet... give it a try.

      Just two key points (all explained in the PDF)
      - Make sure the MDX-15 is selected in the machine setup for Modela 4
      - Make sure you output to a file when on the "cut" step.

      Please let me know what you think of it, and whether anyone finds it useful or if you spot any bugs.
      Modela Player 4 really is thousands of times better than the older version, and I know I will be using it from now on! It gives you much more control over how the workpiece is cut.

      I have uploaded a copy of Modela Player 4 to the files section. Also make sure you patch it to the latest version (updates also in files section)

      Cheers,
      Dan
    • mr_dli
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 15, 2009
        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "david876474" <danielbriggs@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I've been working hard on a way to get the PNC-3000 working with Modela Player 4 now for some time, and have written a small parser which will ensure the output from Modela Player 4 is compatible with the command set for the PNC-3000.
        >
        > I've compiled it all and uploaded it in the files section (parser.zip). There is a small PDF guide worth a read. It was designed and tested on Windows Server 2003, but should work fine on XP/2000/98. Don't know about Vista yet... give it a try.
        >
        > Just two key points (all explained in the PDF)
        > - Make sure the MDX-15 is selected in the machine setup for Modela 4
        > - Make sure you output to a file when on the "cut" step.
        >
        > Please let me know what you think of it, and whether anyone finds it useful or if you spot any bugs.
        > Modela Player 4 really is thousands of times better than the older version, and I know I will be using it from now on! It gives you much more control over how the workpiece is cut.
        >
        > I have uploaded a copy of Modela Player 4 to the files section. Also make sure you patch it to the latest version (updates also in files section)
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Dan

        I can only find part 1 of 16?

        Can also tell I am new to this group. I have only tested my machine for a couple of days know with the programs found here, and it is quite funny to trial and error. :)

        These manuals and programs are superb since my machine came without anything at all!

        Regards,

        David
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 15, 2009
          First off welcome to the group!

          Apologies for the missing parts, I will re-upload them this afternoon.

          Cheers,
          Dan

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 15, 2009
            All parts have now been re-uploaded. (delete any previous parts)
            Download all of the parts and extra with WinZip.
            Apologies for the delay. It seemed that the original files were too big and did not upload properly; but that issue is now sorted.
            I've also re-uploaded the Modela Player 4 update.

            Please let me know what you think of the parser, and send any suggestions/bug reports this way. :)

            Cheers,
            Dan

            --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "david876474" <danielbriggs@...> wrote:

            > First off welcome to the group!
            >
            > Apologies for the missing parts, I will re-upload them this afternoon.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Dan
            >
            > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "mr_dli" <mr_dli@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "david876474" <danielbriggs@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi all,
            > > > I've been working hard on a way to get the PNC-3000 working with Modela Player 4 now for some time, and have written a small parser which will ensure the output from Modela Player 4 is compatible with the command set for the PNC-3000.
            > > >
            > > > I've compiled it all and uploaded it in the files section (parser.zip). There is a small PDF guide worth a read. It was designed and tested on Windows Server 2003, but should work fine on XP/2000/98. Don't know about Vista yet... give it a try.
            > > >
            > > > Just two key points (all explained in the PDF)
            > > > - Make sure the MDX-15 is selected in the machine setup for Modela 4
            > > > - Make sure you output to a file when on the "cut" step.
            > > >
            > > > Please let me know what you think of it, and whether anyone finds it useful or if you spot any bugs.
            > > > Modela Player 4 really is thousands of times better than the older version, and I know I will be using it from now on! It gives you much more control over how the workpiece is cut.
            > > >
            > > > I have uploaded a copy of Modela Player 4 to the files section. Also make sure you patch it to the latest version (updates also in files section)
            > > >
            > > > Cheers,
            > > > Dan
            > > >

            > > I can only find part 1 of 16?
            > >
            > > Can also tell I am new to this group. I have only tested my machine for a couple of days know with the programs found here, and it is quite funny to trial and error. :)
            > >
            > > These manuals and programs are superb since my machine came without anything at all!
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > David

          • cyberzl1
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 15, 2009
              Couple of questions:

              1)  How many people would be interested in an ER spindle for their CAMM3?  I may have a few of these made up, if the market will support them.  Thinking around $75.  May be $100 depending on input costs, overhead, etc.

              2)  Who would be interested in my PNC3000?  Fully functional.  Comes with a nice lexan enclosure to contain the chips.  Price yet undecided.  Still doing research as to what these things bring on the open market.  Currently the stock spindle, but perhaps with an ER spindle soon.

              JW

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 15, 2009
                I'd be in for an ER spindle. There was a member on here who made their own IIRC.
                I presume it would be of the ER16 sort? Do you have any more details?

                Keep me posted,
                Dan

                --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, cyberzl1 <cyberzl1@...> wrote:

                > Couple of questions:
                >
                > 1)  How many people would be interested in an ER spindle for their CAMM3?  I may have a few of these made up, if the market will support them.  Thinking around $75.  May be $100 depending on input costs, overhead, etc.
                >
                > 2)  Who would be interested in my PNC3000?  Fully functional.  Comes with a nice lexan enclosure to contain the chips.  Price yet undecided.  Still doing research as to what these things bring on the open market.  Currently the stock spindle, but perhaps with an ER spindle soon.
                >
                > JW

              • mr_dli
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 16, 2009
                  Thanks for the upload. However I ran into a problem.

                  I can install MP4 and all of that, but something is not working with the Parser. I followed your instructions and after loading the file it says 'Process Complete!', but below the text 'Do you want to output...' It tells me that 'choice isnt an internal command, external command, program or a command file.

                  Below that is says 'Finished!' but then I can only press any button and the program closes.

                  Regards,

                  David

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 16, 2009
                    David,
                    Are you running windows NT/2000 or XP?
                    It seems a command I used isn't on your system for some reason. (If you are using windows 95 or 98 that would explain it). I can rewrite it with a different piece of code if needed.

                    However I've uploaded a small .exe in the files section called "choice.exe", download this and put a copy in C:\Windows\System32\
                    I'm certain this is the part it is complaining about

                    Try running the script again and keep me posted,
                    Cheers,
                    Dan

                    --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "mr_dli" <mr_dli@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks for the upload. However I ran into a problem.
                    >
                    > I can install MP4 and all of that, but something is not working with the Parser. I followed your instructions and after loading the file it says 'Process Complete!', but below the text 'Do you want to output...' It tells me that 'choice isnt an internal command, external command, program or a command file.
                    >
                    > Below that is says 'Finished!' but then I can only press any button and the program closes.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > David
                    >
                    > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "david876474" <danielbriggs@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > All parts have now been re-uploaded. (delete any previous parts)
                    > > Download all of the parts and extra with WinZip.
                    > > Apologies for the delay. It seemed that the original files were too big and did not upload properly; but that issue is now sorted.
                    > > I've also re-uploaded the Modela Player 4 update.
                    > >
                    > > Please let me know what you think of the parser, and send any suggestions/bug reports this way. :)
                    > >
                    > > Cheers,
                    > > Dan
                    > >
                    > > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "david876474" <danielbriggs@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > First off welcome to the group!
                    > > >
                    > > > Apologies for the missing parts, I will re-upload them this afternoon.
                    > > >
                    > > > Cheers,
                    > > > Dan

                  • mr_dli
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 16, 2009
                      Running XP, and with the choice.exe it works! Thanks!

                      Regards,

                      David

                    • bgober1
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 19, 2009
                        I've been running Modela Player 4 with the parser and all of my output is about 250% smaller than it should be. Any ideas? The same pieces mill correctly using the old Modela Player. Also, one file, when output through MP4 has a point where it does a rapid return where Z remains at depth and doesn't raise for the move. Anyone have similar problems?
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 19, 2009
                          Hi,
                          Could you provide more details on the setup you're using?
                          Did you select MDX-15 as the source machine?
                          I think I know why the rapid return doesn't work, I have probably not coded in that command for it to translate. Sorry.
                          So if you could email me the file you've got in Modela 4, (and/or the .prn file from the output of Modela - UNPARSED) I will find the part in the code which needs adding to the parser; update and recompile it for you :)

                          Cheers,
                          Dan

                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009
                            Dan,

                            The rapid move problem seems to have gone away. Maybe somewhere something got corrupted. The sizing problem is still very much a problem. Every file I have tried is reduced in size 2.5 times. I'll send you some files to look at.

                            Brett

                          • mikkele86@ymail.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 9 3:30 AM
                              I have the same problem.
                              the problem is that the program is writtin in inch's. which is a 2.54 factor.
                              try changing the machine to JWX-10
                              dunno if the parser can handle that type of machine..