Re: [CAMM-3] Re: Help needed

  • jerry poole
    Message 1 of 15 , May 27, 2009
      does anyone know how i am getting this kind of code ...

      N100 V 22
      N110
      F 22
      N120
      Z -1 0 0
      N130
      N140
      Z -1 0 0
      N150
      N160 V 6
      N170
      F 6
      N180
      Z -1 0 0
      N190
      @ 0 0
      N200
      C 1 -1 2 130 84
      N210
      @ 0 0
      N220
      C 0 2 2 324 250
      N230
      N240
      Z -1 0 0
      N250
      N260 V 22
      N270
      F 22
      N280
      Z -1 0 0
      N290
      !

      Message 2 of 15 , May 27, 2009
        This does not look like functional CAMM-GL code. All of the characters and symbols appear to be legit' CAMM-GL code but the numerical values seem to be well out of range for the 'N' command.

        Can you give us a hint as to how you created this command list?

        Randall

        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, jerry poole <jerry_poole11665@...> wrote:

        > does anyone know how i am getting this kind of code ...

        > N100 V 22
        > N110 F 22
        > N120 Z -1 0 0
        > N130
        > N140 Z -1 0 0
        > N150
        > N160 V 6
        > N170 F 6
        > N180 Z -1 0 0
        > N190
        > @ 0 0
        > N200 C 1 -1 2 130 84
        > N210
        > @ 0 0
        > N220 C 0 2 2 324 250
        > N230
        > N240 Z -1 0 0
        > N250
        > N260 V 22
        > N270 F 22
        > N280 Z -1 0 0
        > N290
        > !

      • jerry poole
        Message 3 of 15 , May 27, 2009
          i used mastercam with a rolland camm 3 post

          This does not look like functional CAMM-GL code. All of the characters and symbols appear to be legit' CAMM-GL code but the numerical values seem to be well out of range for the 'N' command.

          Can you give us a hint as to how you created this command list?

          Randall

          --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups. com, jerry poole <jerry_poole11665@ ...> wrote:

          > does anyone know how i am getting this kind of code ...

          > N100 V 22
          > N110 F 22
          > N120 Z -1 0 0
          > N130
          > N140 Z -1 0 0
          > N150
          > N160 V 6
          > N170 F 6
          > N180 Z -1 0 0
          > N190
          > @ 0 0
          > N200 C 1 -1 2 130 84
          > N210
          > @ 0 0
          > N220 C 0 2 2 324 250
          > N230
          > N240 Z -1 0 0
          > N250
          > N260 V 22
          > N270 F 22
          > N280 Z -1 0 0
          > N290
          > !

        • Dave Mucha
          Message 4 of 15 , May 28, 2009
            --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, jerry poole <jerry_poole11665@...> wrote:

            > i used mastercam with a rolland camm 3 post

            I have nout looked at the files for the CAMM3 to see what characters they contain.

            I handwrite much of my other code for my mini-mill.

            Does anyone have a snip of code from SheetCAM for this machine ?

            Say, a box, 1" square ?

            Dave
          • cyberzl1
            Message 5 of 15 , May 28, 2009
              Does anyone know what stepper motors are used in these?

              I haven't pulled mine apart yet to look.

              I'm thinking about bypassing all of the controls and using aftermarket stepper drivers and Mach3 to retrofit my machine.  Why?  Because I have some high end stepper drives available, and Mach3 will give me more functionality (more easily) than the Roland interface.

              If I do so, is anyone interested in my old electronics?  Probably the whole package of boards (probably minus the spindle motor controller).

              JW

              Message 6 of 15 , May 28, 2009
                Do you have a spare drive belt? I take as many as you've got. Not sure how long my constructed one will last.
                If no one needs the electronics desperately, I'll buy them as spares depending on price.

                Dan

                --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, cyberzl1 <cyberzl1@...> wrote:

                > Does anyone know what stepper motors are used in these?
                >
                > I haven't pulled mine apart yet to look.
                >
                > I'm thinking about bypassing all of the controls and using aftermarket stepper drivers and Mach3 to retrofit my machine.  Why?  Because I have some high end stepper drives available, and Mach3 will give me more functionality (more easily) than the Roland interface.
                >
                > If I do so, is anyone interested in my old electronics?  Probably the whole package of boards (probably minus the spindle motor controller).
                >
                > JW

              • Brett Gober
                Message 7 of 15 , May 28, 2009
                  Dan, I replaced my pulleys so I wouldn't have to worry about my belt. I did lose the speed control though.

                  Do you have a spare drive belt? I take as many as you've got. Not sure how long my constructed one will last.
                  If no one needs the electronics desperately, I'll buy them as spares depending on price.

                  Dan

                  --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups. com, cyberzl1 <cyberzl1@.. .> wrote:

                  > Does anyone know what stepper motors are used in these?
                  >
                  > I haven't pulled mine apart yet to look.
                  >
                  > I'm thinking about bypassing all of the controls and using aftermarket stepper drivers and Mach3 to retrofit my machine. Why? Because I have some high end stepper drives available, and Mach3 will give me more functionality (more easily) than the Roland interface.
                  >
                  > If I do so, is anyone interested in my old electronics? Probably the whole package of boards (probably minus the spindle motor controller).
                  >
                  > JW

                • Brett Gober
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 28, 2009
                    Here's what I got to replace my x and y drives:

                    http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/all-categories/pk-series-stepping-motors/pk268m-02b?&plpver=11&origin=keyword&by=prod&filter=0

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 28, 2009
                      I was so tempted to make some new pulleys as well. I phoned practically every belt company in the UK!
                      I ended up making my own belt by splicing some reinforced o-rings. Not elegant, but can keep up with the torque. (Did quite a few med/heavy ally jobs last time I had it fired up)

                      Did you loose the quadrature encoder on the bottom of the near pulley? You could always redraw it? Or did you have to loose the IR sense board as well?

                      Thanks,
                      Dan

                      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, Brett Gober <bgober1@...> wrote:

                      > Dan, I replaced my pulleys so I wouldn't have to worry about my belt. I did lose the speed control though.

                    • bgober1
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 28, 2009
                        I went with a smaller pulley on the spindle to increase the speed a little.