nc-program and data transfer

  • jarijylhaollila
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12 5:13 AM
      hello to all in CAMM-3-group

      I purchased a second-hand PNC-3000-machine (I think I got got it with
      reasonable price: machine,vice,z-zero-sensor, big set of collets and
      tool-set of 96 including ball-nosed, tap-tools and carving tools of
      different sizes with only 650 euros) and joined this group last
      winter. Been so busy in other projects that it has taken some time to
      be able to concentrate on this one.

      The idea is to start making prototypes- so machining should be done in
      3D. I own a lisence for Delcam's PowerShape and PowerMill. And
      downloaded a demo-versions of Vectric's programs.

      Now I have problems in sending nc-programs from computer to PNC.
      Connections seems to be ok because there are no errors in either side.

      Could anyone give a sample from the beginning of the nc-program? which
      commands should it include, how to put hardware handshake on (I have
      tried that .@0;1:-command)?

      And about dip-switch settings- how they should be set? I have tried
      according to Your previous instructions with no results.

      Is there some kind of trigger command PNC sends to dnc-program for it
      to start sending because it looks like dnc is waiting for permission
      to send?

      Waiting for Your tips

      Jari from Finland
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12 5:28 AM
        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "jarijylhaollila" <jarijylhaollila@...> wrote:

        > hello to all in CAMM-3-group
        >
        > I purchased a second-hand PNC-3000-machine (I think I got got it with
        > reasonable price: machine,vice,z-zero-sensor, big set of collets and
        > tool-set of 96 including ball-nosed, tap-tools and carving tools of
        > different sizes with only 650 euros) and joined this group last
        > winter. Been so busy in other projects that it has taken some time to
        > be able to concentrate on this one.
        >
        > The idea is to start making prototypes- so machining should be done in
        > 3D. I own a lisence for Delcam's PowerShape and PowerMill. And
        > downloaded a demo-versions of Vectric's programs.
        >
        > Now I have problems in sending nc-programs from computer to PNC.
        > Connections seems to be ok because there are no errors in either side.
        >
        > Could anyone give a sample from the beginning of the nc-program? which
        > commands should it include, how to put hardware handshake on (I have
        > tried that .@0;1:-command)?
        >
        > And about dip-switch settings- how they should be set? I have tried
        > according to Your previous instructions with no results.
        >
        > Is there some kind of trigger command PNC sends to dnc-program for it
        > to start sending because it looks like dnc is waiting for permission
        > to send?
        >
        > Waiting for Your tips
        >
        > Jari from Finland

        Hi Jari,

        I can't help you too much with the direct nc programs. But I use the roland software (see
        our download links) and export the .STL files from my CAD programs and import them
        into Roland Modella Player which does all the conversion and works fine.

        Someone has kindly scanned in all the dip switch settings and saved them in the
        download area, so take a look there (in the manual area)

        If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to get in touch!

        Dan