Scripts for using your Camm2/3 in linux

  • langthornegary
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2008
      've developed some useful scripts (with some help from
      linuxquestions.org) to allow the hpgl based Roland engraver and
      milling machines. The ones I use are old but they use the same control
      set CAMM/GL or a close version or hpgl. The scripts have pop up
      screens to allow for engraver selection and speed settings. They work
      pretty darn good for me anyway in conjunction with coreldraw
      (wine),Inkscape and the roland 3d software that runs great in wine I
      can do pretty much anything I want.

      Here is a quick web site I did to help anyone get it installed I know
      the site stinks I'm no web designer and it shows!
      www.securetech-ns.ca

      This can easily be used for any hpgl device and roland's vinyl cutters
      also. Very little editing would be needed.

      Drop me a note if anyone finds it useful or improves on the interface
      by adding more options.

      I always engrave at the same depth so "z" depth are not a big factor
      to me.

      gary