Re: PNC-3000 Vacuum attachment design anyone?

  • Randall
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2008
      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "cadcamcreations" <cadcamcreations@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Group
      > > >
      > There was a vacuum attachment available for this machine long ago
      > and its design was a bit like a circular brush attachment for a vacuum
      > cleaner pipe, It was basically a ring which clamped onto the main body
      > of the collet spindle and the long bristles hung down so forming a
      > curtain around the cutter.The important thing though that the bristles
      > were free to move when the cutter went in any direction.
      > The rigid part of the collar did not go any further down than the
      > bottom end of the spindle so would not foul any surface to be cut.
      > At one side of the collar was a horizontal pipe to attach to a pipe.
      > If this is too confusing I could do you a CAD drawing.
      >
      > Kind Regards
      >
      > Graham

      Thanks Dan and Graham,

      I like the idea of the brush for a curtain Still provides access to
      the collet for easy tool changes; the bristles would probably help
      loosen some of the compacted dust that forms behind the tool when I'm
      machining FR4 PCB material as well.

      I would be happy to see any photo's you may have.

      Thanks again,

      Randall
    • txmagnia
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2008
        I just posted a picture of Roland's vacuum attachment for a PNC-3000.

        This vacuum attachment measures 7 3/4" long x 4 3/8" wide

        Inside diameter around the spindle area is 3" inside x 1 1/2" tall.

        A 1 1/4" diameter tube pulls from the spindle. Tube is 4" long.

        A soft bristle brush fits over the 3" cylinder to pull chips away from
        your work. Makes changing the end mill in the collet a little harder
        to do.

        Hope this helps if you are trying to make your own version.

        Jack