Re: Linux and Corel

  • langthornegary
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mucha" <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

      > > By the way if anyone is interested in using linux I have my 3 camm2
      > > units and a camm3 running great with roland supplied software and
      > > coreldraw 9, i'll be happy to help set it up.
      > >
      > > Gary
      > >

      > I am interrested. what roland software ?
      >
      > Dave

      Well all the modela apps, virtual modela for cutting
      preview/simulation work great. These are opengl apps so a proper
      opengl card and driver is recomended. I use the plain x11 nvidia
      driver with acceleration. Nvidia do such a good x11 driver I highly
      recomend it. Some geforce card with 128meg is just fine.

      I first use coreldraw 9 (wine) to edit a bitmap or create a vector
      image from clipart or from scatch.
      At this point it's ready via hpgl export for the camm2/camm1. I
      edited my file extensions in Konqueror to pipe the saved hpgl file
      through my edit script and open a window prompting to ask what
      engraver (if more than one ) and xy speed.

      For 3d images I use accutrans 3d $20 to convert the bitmap to a 3d
      stl or 3d dxf. Another good app is phototomesh $100.

      Then open it in modela4 and set it up such as scale, tool
      width,placement and save toolpath to file. Modela 4 dosen't have the
      camm3000 as a selection but I use the mdx40 my script edits both camm2
      and camm3 files from modela so they function with no errors on the
      camm machines at all.
      Install your engravers via cups as a regular "raw" printer as cups
      should not edit ANYTHING and just pass the data directly to the engraver.

      Let me know if you want the scripts and any help setting it up.

      Gary
    • langthornegary
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mucha" <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

        > > By the way if anyone is interested in using linux I have my 3 camm2
        > > units and a camm3 running great with roland supplied software and
        > > coreldraw 9, i'll be happy to help set it up.
        > >
        > > Gary
        > >

        > I am interrested. what roland software ?
        >
        > Dave

        Inkscape works well also because you can print to a pipe instead of a
        printer, so printing to my script works great except it is not
        possible to get and fills, if your using the camm1 vinyl cutting it
        won't matter.

        I forgot:
        In corel export hpgl window set plotter units to 2450
        For the camm2 your work space for your profect should be 200x140mm
        same as camm2 actual work space.
        plot origin to "bottom left"
        and simulate fills with lines, line spacing to fit your needs.
        I use mm's so before I export I change in the hpgl export window all
        measurements to mm's.
      • langthornegary
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
          --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mucha" <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

          > > By the way if anyone is interested in using linux I have my 3 camm2
          > > units and a camm3 running great with roland supplied software and
          > > coreldraw 9, i'll be happy to help set it up.
          > >
          > > Gary
          > >

          > I am interrested. what roland software ?
          >
          > Dave

          Sorry plotter units are 2540 not 2450