Camm unit question

  • langthornegary
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
      A little off subject but can someone explain the diff. between the
      camm2 pnc2200 and the 2200a
      Thanks

      By the way if anyone is interested in using linux I have my 3 camm2
      units and a camm3 running great with roland supplied software and
      coreldraw 9, i'll be happy to help set it up.

      Gary
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "langthornegary" <langthornegary@...> wrote:

        > A little off subject but can someone explain the diff. between the
        > camm2 pnc2200 and the 2200a
        > Thanks
        >
        > By the way if anyone is interested in using linux I have my 3 camm2
        > units and a camm3 running great with roland supplied software and
        > coreldraw 9, i'll be happy to help set it up.
        >
        > Gary

        I don't know Gary, after a quick Google search, they appear the same:
        http://www.e-engraving.com/machines/roland/Roland_PNC-2200.htm
        http://www.e-engraving.com/machines/roland/Roland_PNC-2200A.htm

        Perhaps it's a geographic localisation model or one with upgraded stepper motors or
        something....???

        Sorry I can't be of more help.

        Dan :-)
      • Dave Mucha
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
          > By the way if anyone is interested in using linux I have my 3 camm2
          > units and a camm3 running great with roland supplied software and
          > coreldraw 9, i'll be happy to help set it up.
          >
          > Gary

          I am interrested. what roland software ?

          Dave
        • langthornegary
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
            --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mucha" <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

            > > By the way if anyone is interested in using linux I have my 3 camm2
            > > units and a camm3 running great with roland supplied software and
            > > coreldraw 9, i'll be happy to help set it up.
            > >
            > > Gary
            > >

            > I am interrested. what roland software ?
            >
            > Dave

            Well all the modela apps, virtual modela for cutting
            preview/simulation work great. These are opengl apps so a proper
            opengl card and driver is recomended. I use the plain x11 nvidia
            driver with acceleration. Nvidia do such a good x11 driver I highly
            recomend it. Some geforce card with 128meg is just fine.

            I first use coreldraw 9 (wine) to edit a bitmap or create a vector
            image from clipart or from scatch.
            At this point it's ready via hpgl export for the camm2/camm1. I
            edited my file extensions in Konqueror to pipe the saved hpgl file
            through my edit script and open a window prompting to ask what
            engraver (if more than one ) and xy speed.

            For 3d images I use accutrans 3d $20 to convert the bitmap to a 3d
            stl or 3d dxf. Another good app is phototomesh $100.

            Then open it in modela4 and set it up such as scale, tool
            width,placement and save toolpath to file. Modela 4 dosen't have the
            camm3000 as a selection but I use the mdx40 my script edits both camm2
            and camm3 files from modela so they function with no errors on the
            camm machines at all.
            Install your engravers via cups as a regular "raw" printer as cups
            should not edit ANYTHING and just pass the data directly to the engraver.

            Let me know if you want the scripts and any help setting it up.

            Gary
          • langthornegary
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
              --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mucha" <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

              > > By the way if anyone is interested in using linux I have my 3 camm2
              > > units and a camm3 running great with roland supplied software and
              > > coreldraw 9, i'll be happy to help set it up.
              > >
              > > Gary
              > >

              > I am interrested. what roland software ?
              >
              > Dave

              Inkscape works well also because you can print to a pipe instead of a
              printer, so printing to my script works great except it is not
              possible to get and fills, if your using the camm1 vinyl cutting it
              won't matter.

              I forgot:
              In corel export hpgl window set plotter units to 2450
              For the camm2 your work space for your profect should be 200x140mm
              same as camm2 actual work space.
              plot origin to "bottom left"
              and simulate fills with lines, line spacing to fit your needs.
              I use mm's so before I export I change in the hpgl export window all
              measurements to mm's.
            • langthornegary
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
                --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mucha" <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

                > > By the way if anyone is interested in using linux I have my 3 camm2
                > > units and a camm3 running great with roland supplied software and
                > > coreldraw 9, i'll be happy to help set it up.
                > >
                > > Gary
                > >

                > I am interrested. what roland software ?
                >
                > Dave

                Sorry plotter units are 2540 not 2450