681Re: Camm3 still down [ Spindle motor not running] !!***???

  • cadcamcreations
    Apr 10, 2013
      Hi Andrew its me again! I have replaced Transistor TR1 and capacitor C4 and checked the voltages,TR1 is at 35-40V and the 12 Volt supply is a bit more than 12Volt on pin 4 and is steady. But I have since discovered that if I power up the main board with all the plugs out I am getting the correct voltage but once in I get the 12V supply dropping to 2V and it doesn't seem to be the Motor contoller board that is causing the problem as if I unplug that its still showing 2V?
      I have a replacement IC1 IR3M02 but I wanted to check your thoughts before I tackle unsoldering 16 points at the same time!

      Kind Regards
      Graham.

      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, andrewloen <andrewloen@...> wrote:

      > Graham,
      >
      > The problem is somewhere in the power supply circuit on the bottom of the Main Board.  It is likely the transistor TR1, or diode D1, or the IR3M02 IC1.
      >
      > I can run through some further measurements if you like, but they are getting more involved.  The voltage on pin12 of IC1 and the voltage on the left of R74 (big resistor) would be next.
      >
      > Andrew

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic