Report Grackle Flocks for Earthquake Research

  • gene daniels
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      I'm looking for observable Nelsoni or Monsoni Great tail Grackle flocks inhabiting particular locations in Calfornia. For example, at a park or commercial area offering a food supply such as WalMart.

      A flock on or near a major earthquake fault is ideal.
      See http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqscanv/

      Are particular flocks living in Bakersfield or Hollister ?

      I am pursuing a field study of grackle response to earthquake phenomena. Development of a predictive methodology is probable from data already collected at Imperial Dam on the Colorado below El Centro. Relating Imperial data to flocks farther north is relevant to a practice of the methodology by volunteer field researchers/bird watchers.

      Recommend alternative bird newsgroup email systems ?

      Gene Daniels datakoll@...
      El Centro/BLM Imperial Dam California