California Condor pix

  • Mark Rauzon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2012
      California Condors were easily located Mon-Tuesday of this week. About 5 miles south of Big Sur town, there are several pull outs from the A-frame house, down to the pull outs at the sea lion colony. If you reach the coast gallery, you've gone too far. About five condors were seen on each day, flying low, high, perching in tree and on cliffs. I ran into a British film crew starring Nigel Marven, and they filmed one on the ground in front of them. I missed this event but managed to get my best shot of the condor in the rising easter/passover moon, symbolic of their incredible return.

      Condors Forever!

      http://rauzon.zenfolio.com/p859914566/h220e5e35#h220e5e35

      Mark J. Rauzon
      Laney College