Godwit Days Bird Festival April 19-25th 2012

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2012
      Dear Birders,

      I would like to heartily invite you to visit Humboldt County and beyond over the third weekend in April this year (19th -25th). All registration details can be seen at our new webpage www.godwitdays.org or check out leads on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/GodwitDays

      As usual we have three Pelagic Trips planned out of Humboldt Bay Fri, Sat and Sun. There are 4, 8 and 12 spaces left respectively. There are also a few spaces left on our Ruffed Grouse trips which have been popular this year. Otherwise, many activities of over 100 trips and workshops are still available including our daytime Spotted Owl Trips, NE California Blitz and Del Norte Tufted Puffin Trips.

      Bird Festivals continue to thrive in California and do a fantastic job of bringing new birders into the fold. They also act as great social events for our established bird crowd. For Out-of-State birders California provides a great crop of new western specialty species and this April there will also be the Poiint Reyes Bird Festival (www.pointreyesbirdingfestival.org) the weekend after ours. So its a great time to visit Northern California this Spring.

      To support Bird Festivals throughout the year the following web site keeps tabs on those available in California.

      http://natureali.org/nature_festivals.htm

      For the wider USA, the ABA Web site does a good job of providing your options.

      http://aba.org/festivals/index.php/search/results

      For now I hope to see you up here in Humboldt this April and if not, somehwere out there birding the Golden State in 2012.

      Yours Rob Hewitt
      LBJ Enterprises, Eureka