3 Western King Birds siting this morning at 7:10 AM in San Clemente, California

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2012
      I heard a strange call this morning and went outside to the back yard to see 3 Western King Birds up and around the telephone wires.

      They were looking for insects. One snatched a big moth or butterfly while I was watching. I identified them visually and by their call.

      I have not seen these in the backyard for several years. I would guess they were just passing through. They hung out for about 35 minutes.
      They had nice color and faces on them.

      Sean Surlow
      San Clemente, California