Thick-billed Murre in LA Times?

  • Kristie Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2012
      Hi,

      A fun little note...I was reading the newspaper this evening, when something caught my eye... On the cover of the LA Times Extra section there appears to be a Thick-billed murre! It's in a story about the ongoing oil leakage around Santa Barbara, showing the murre in question being treated at a rehab center in San Pedro.Unless I'm seeing things... the photos of a murre getting washed down appears to be a Thick-billed. Pretty far south.

      The on-line story is at http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-oil-birds-20120307,0,3147878.story. The newspaper has an additional photo with a nice side profile not shown on the internet.