Winter reports for Riverside County

  • Chet McGaugh
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2012
      Thank you to all who have reported birds during the 2011-2012 winter season (1 December 2011 - 29 February 2012). I have tried to keep up with a rather spectacular winter in Riverside County; again THANKS to those who report birds to Inlandcountybirds, or Calbirds, or to eBirds, or to Tom Benson and the Rare Bird Alert, and to those who make timely phone calls to get the word out. As the birding season has turned over to spring, I will be compiling Riverside County records for "North American Birds" and submitting these to the regional editors, Guy McCaskie and Kimball L. Garrett .

      If you're an eBirder you have surely noticed how many lists (thousands!) are submitted. It is a tremendous database, and getting better all the time but don't assume that once you have submitted an eBird list your good bird will make it into "North American Birds," the journal of ornithological record. If you have a sighting that you think is significant please report it to me via email, phone, or regular mail:

      Chet McGaugh

      194 W. Broadbent Dr

      Riverside, California 92507

      chetmgaugh@...

      chetmcgaugh@...

      chet.mcgaugh@...

      951 781-3699

      951 369-8060 (work)

      951 634-9764 (cell)

      Please refer to Guy McCaskie's message regarding reporting protocols and note that reports need to be submitted to him and Kimball L. Garrett before 20 March. I ask that submissions to me be made by 15 March so I have time to complete the Riverside County report.

      Thanks,

      Chet