Common Redpoll in Woodland - update about looking for the bird

  • tgypsy_jcs
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2012
      Hi, all - first things first - please be aware that tomorrow (Thursday) is trash pick up day on our street. If you come to look for the Redpoll in a car, please be sure that you leave enough room for the trash trucks to get to the bins in front of people's houses and driveways. There's street parking available on our street as well as the two nearest cross streets.

      I saw the bird at about 7:45 am today. It was seen again at around 9:45 am. To the best of my knowledge and as posted by John Sterling, it wasn't seen for the rest of the day.

      All that being said, if you'd like to take a chance that he'll be here tomorrow (or beyond), we are located at 265 Riverside Dr. The thistle feeder where the bird was seen is hanging in a tree on the west side of the house and is visible from the front yard.

      I'll be home for part of the morning - if someone thinks they may have a better chance in the backyard, I can let you in as long as you don't snicker at the unkempt nature of the yard. If I see the bird in the morning, I'll post the info. Good luck seeing the bird!

      Jackie Shulters
      Woodland, CA