Anyone see or Not see the Iceland Gull today 2/7 Tuesday

  • bobandcarolredding
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
      Hello all,

      Has anyone seen or looked for the Marin County Iceland Gull today 2/7 Tuesday?

      Appreciate continued postings one way or the other on Cal Birds - with time of day seen or not seen if possible. Very early and very late in the day tides make it hard to figure out when it is best to look for the bird - if it is even being seen at all.

      Bob & Carol Yutzy
      Shasta, CA
    • Mark Eaton
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
        The Iceland Gull was at its usually spot just as dusk fell this afternoon. I don't know about it's comings and goings during the day; others can comment.

        There was also an adult Slaty-backed Gull reported from the same general area and possibly yet another first or second cycle Slaty-backed Gull reported. Those that saw those birds should comment further.

        Mark
        ---
        Mark Eaton
        mark@...

      • turlslb@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
          Hello Birders,
          The Iceland Gull was seen this afternoon, Tues. 2/7, about 2:15. It was n/e of the Coast Guard pier bathing and preening. We left it at 3:30.
          Jim Abernathy
          Sherman Oaks
          Becky & Steve Turley
          Long Beach, CA