May 3rd N. California Bodage Bay pelagic trip

  • Jim Danzenbaker
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2002
      Pelagic Enthusiasts:

      Greetings!

      Three days to go until we venture out to Cordell Bank to explore this
      wildlife rich area. We're anticipating a day filled with many albatrosses
      (the only question is....how many different varieties), shearwaters, alcids,
      and hopefully a pterodroma or two. Last year, the highlight of the trip was
      a Murphy's Petrel which flew by the boat to the delight of all on board.
      We'll try to top that this year and the possibilities are many -
      pterodromas, Horned Puffin, "Shy" Albatross, Short-tailed Albatross, and so
      on.

      Come join Debi Shearwater, Todd McGrath, Jennifer Green and me for a full
      day on the ocean. Our chummers will also be on board ensuring a steady
      stream of food for the ever hungry gulls and tubenoses. With gulls come
      jaegers and we hope to get fantastic views of Long-tailed Jaegers and my
      personal favorite, South Polar Skuas.

      If you're wanting to spend an enjoyable day at sea, contact Debi Shearwater
      at 831-637-8528. Since there's plenty of spaces available, if you're not
      able to connnect with Debi, show up at the dock at 6 am at Port O'Bodega.
      We'll be on the Tracer but just follow the binocular clad people!

      Good Seabirding!

      Jim Danzenbaker
      San Jose, CA
      408-264-7582 (408-ANI-SKUA)