Re: [CALBIRDS] Glenn Co. Song Sparrow Question

  • Thomas Gardali
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2002
      Hi Steve,

      PRBO as well as Gilmer et al. (W. Birds and pers comm) did not detect Song Sparrows breeding there in the recent past.
      It would be great to see if they are breeding there this season. Any chance you can follow up? If so, please let me
      know what you find. Song Sparrows are breeding in abundance not far away so it is not surprising that they made it to
      the refuge.

      Cheers, Tom

      sgloverccc@... wrote:

      > Hello all,
      > Some time ago I remember reading that Song Sparrows do not breed at the
      > Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge in Glenn County but I cannot remember
      > where I read it. If anyone has any idea what this source was I would be
      > happy to know.
      > At any rate, on 4/25 Brian Williams detected a singing Song Sparrow at the
      > southeast corner of the tour loop and it sounded as if there was a second
      > bird singing. On visits on 4/24 and 4/25 these were the only birds I heard
      > so they clearly aren't too common but the date suggests that they may breed
      > here afterall.
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Steve Glover
      > Dublin

      > For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on Edit My Membership and set your mail option to No Email.

      Thomas Gardali
      Point Reyes Bird Observatory
      4990 Shoreline Highway
      Stinson Beach, CA 94970