Falcated Duck - directions

  • Louis Libert
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
      Thanks everyone for keeping the updates coming. Can someone help me with directions to the viewing platform. I'm coming from Oakland. I know I take 80 to 505 to 5 to 20. Google maps tells me it's about 5 miles on route 20 until I get to the entrance on the right. Some folks have said it's not well marked. Is this true? Is there only one entrance from route 20? Is it pretty simple to get to the viewing platform?

      Thanks,
      Louis Libert
      Oakland, CA
    • Bob & Carol Yutzy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
        There are two labeled entrances - the first you see coming in from I-5
        on hiway 20 is labelled Col. NWR *Check Station*. You pass that by.
        Just a short while further past some large trees on your right you will
        see a larger sign for Col. NWR. That's the entrance and it is only a
        short straight road and 90 degree curve right when you see the entrance,
        the restroom building and then the platform just beyond that. So far
        they are letting you park at the platform but you can park at the
        restrooms and walk in - it's only a very, very, short distance.

        Bob Yutzy
        Shasta, CA

        --
        Bob& Carol Yutzy