Bufferlands trip May 5th

  • Lambert & Conard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 8:42 PM
      On May 5th, there will be a Central Valley Bird Club sponsored trip to the
      SRCSD (Sacramento County) Bufferlands. Details and directions are below.
      The trip will focus on migrant songbirds and shorebirds (we are completing
      the draw-down of the seasonal wetlands, so conditions should be perfect for
      shorebirds).

      The Bufferlands are normally closed to the public, so this is a good
      opportunity to visit during the height of spring migration.

      I hope to see some of you next Sunday.

      Chris Conard
      SRCSD Bufferlands

      Sunday, May 5th, 7:00 a.m. - 1 p.m.
      The SRCSD (Sacramento County) Bufferlands
      Chris Conard (916/362-5942 hm, 875-9309 wk)
      hfrog@... or conardc@...

      The Bufferlands of the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District
      consist of over 2,500 acres of grasslands, riparian forest, and wetlands.

      Expect raptors, waterfowl, shorebirds, and migratory songbirds. Over 200
      species of birds have been recorded. Who knows what we might turn up. This
      is also a good chance to see the results of 10 years of intensive habitat
      restoration.

      From I-5 south of Sacramento, take the Meadowview/Pocket exit and go east.
      Turn south on Freeport (Hwy 160) and go until you reach Stonecrest (the
      first street on the left). Turn left and go over the freeway, then head
      south until you reach a locked gate. If you reach the town of Freeport,
      you've gone too far. Bring water and a snack.

      For general information about the Bufferlands and upcoming events, like Walk
      on the Wildside, visit www.bufferlands.com.