Falcated Duck at Colusa NWR Saturday, Jan 7.

  • seagypsy011
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2012
      The falcated duck was not out around noon but,when I got back to the platform after taking a tour group around the refuge, it was actively feeding towards the back of the lake, and to the right of the green island and log island in front of the viewing stand, in the midst of lots of greater white-fronted geese. It gave good looks but not good pictures. I heard it wasn't seen in the morning. This was a windy days and lots of birds were missing from their normal places.

      Marilyn Kircus
      Volunteer at Sacramento NWR
      mkircus2.blogspot.com