Pinyon Jays in Joshua Tree National Park

  • sramachandramurthi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2012
      Hi folks,

      On December 28, I was pleasantly surprised to see a
      flock of Pinyon Jays in Joshua Tree National Park along the
      park road near Cap Rock and the turn-off to Keys View.

      These birds were foraging in the Joshua trees as seen in this video:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD-kX9GVKjE

      I was surprised to see them there because
      although there were junipers, I did not see any pines
      in the area or anywhere along the park roads that I drove on.

      Happy birding.

      --Sidd Ramachandramurthi