Re: [CVBirds] [CALBIRDS] Falcated Duck in Colusa NWR

  • Bruce Webb
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2011
      The Honey Lake Falcated Duck in March 2002 had a better search image and
      showed much interest doing courtship displays to female Gadwalls.
      Maybe it was Spring in the air and of the breeding season was starting,
      but at least while I was looking at and digiscoping that Lassen Co.
      Falcated Duck, it ignored the female wigeons nearby. See Joe Morlan's
      writeup:
      http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/jmorlan/fadu1.htm

      Bruce Webb
      Granite Bay, CA

      On 12/9/2011 7:14 AM, John Sterling wrote:
      I saw the photos and the female was an American Wigeon

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695
      530 908-3836