LA Audubon monthly meeting, 12/14/11

  • Nick & Mary Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2011
      Hi Birders!

      You are cordially invited to attend Los Angeles Audubon Society's
      monthly meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday December 14, 2011 in Debs Park with
      free parking:

      Audubon Center at Debs Park
      4700 North Griffin Ave.
      Los Angeles, CA 90031

      Cut and paste in your browser:

      http://ca.audubon.org/debs_directions.php

      The Northern Saw-whet Owl and The Station Fire

      Mary and Nick Freeman will present an overview of their studies
      locating the Northern Saw-whet Owl after the Station Fire of the
      Angeles National Forest which consumed over 160,000 acres of forest in
      the San Gabriel Mountain range of Los Angeles County during the summer
      of 2009. They will discuss their methods and the results of their
      small owl surveys performed in 2010 and the summer of 2011.

      Our conservation projects, fieldtrips, and monthly meeting
      presentations are continuing. We will serve refreshments after the
      meeting. There will also be an owl walk prior to the meeting and owl
      specimens for comparison. Join us this fun night and close off 2011
      with a gathering of birding friends!

      January 11, 2011 meeting topic: Mike Prather "The �Return� of Owens
      Lake" at Debs Park

      Happy CBCs!

      Mary Freeman

      Glendale, CA

      Los Angeles Audubon Society Program Chair and Fieldtrip Leader

      http://losangelesaudubon.org/