Re: [CALBIRDS] RED-FLANKED BLUETAIL on San Clemente Island

  • Coddlers@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2011
      I agree 100%
      I'd much prefer knowing than not knowing.
      Bruce Barrett

      In a message dated 07/12/2011 12:09:43 Pacific Standard Time,
      kgarrett@... writes:

      Ed,

      San Clemente is a military (Navy) island, with active bombardment, etc. It
      is also ecologically very fragile. Access is understandably highly
      restricted. And I couldn't disagree more with your comment that it was "silly" to
      people subscribe to this listserve because they want to learn, not because
      they only want to chase.

      KLG

    • Ken Burton
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2011
        Of course, the best way to avoid Elias' daily disappointment is to seek
        pleasure in the mundane. I know most of us do (and I know full well
        Elias does), but some lose sight of the beauty of the birds we see every
        day and the interesting things we can observe just by watching them.

        Ken Burton
        Eureka