Sacto Refuge - 4 Blue Ross's Geese & 5-6 Blue Snow Geese today

  • bcyutzy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2011
      Hello all,

      This afternoon for 3-4 hours or so Carol and I birded the Sacramento National
      Wildlife Refuge. Many, if not most, of the white geese, in most areas, were
      Ross's Geese and not Snows!

      We saw and photographed at least 4 Blue Ross's Geese and there were a minimum of
      5-6 Blue Snow Geese.

      Seems early yet but the refuge was really full of White-fronted Geese and Snow
      and Ross's Geese. We saw no swans. 1 Peregrine only was present for us (4-5
      are reported by staff as hanging around the refuge.) A big bunch of Dunlins
      were the only shorebirds of note.

      I will add some photos of the Blue Ross's in the Shasta Birder's photos tomorrow
      or so.

      Bob & Carol Yutzy
      Shasta, CA