11/911: Kern Co. Rusty Blackbird Continues - Day 5

  • Bob Barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2011
      Hi:

      Knowing that Curtis Marantz was driving to Ridgecrest from Riverside
      County to try for the RUSTY BLACKBIRD first found this past Saturday
      by Tom Wurster, I decided to check to see if it was still present so
      I could let him know one way or another. It was - Day 5 . This bird
      was foraging on the grass in foul territory next to 3rd base on the
      Cerro Coso Community College baseball field. I notified Curtis of its
      continued presence.

      About ten minutes ago I heard from Susan Steele that Curtis did get
      to see the Rusty Blackbird. He ceased his observation when baseball
      players showed up to use the field!

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California