Monterey Seabirds trip report

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011
      Thank you to those of you who showed up for the Monterey Seabirds trip
      last Saturday and to those of you who sent emails in a show of support!
      Much appreciated.

      We had an action packed pelagic trip out of Monterey last Saturday. Lots
      of bird activity (5 species of shearwaters) kept us busy but alas no
      megararity. That trip report with Blake Matheson photos is at:
      http://montereyseabirding.blogspot.com/

      Our trip this Sunday, October 23rd is a go. Please join us. Todd
      Easterla will be on board with our other friendly spotters.

      Our final trip of 2011 is on the schedule for Oct. 29th and there are
      plenty of spaces available. October is an exciting time to get out on
      the ocean. Cost for these two trips in $120 each. You can call 831
      375-4658 to reserve or do it online at http://www.montereyseabirds.com

      Regards,
      Roger Wolfe for Monterey Seabirds
      Soquel Canyon
    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2014
        The highlight for today's Monterey Seabirds pelagic trip was the great looks at a Manx Shearwater. I posted a photo on my website, on my recent photos gallery. But most impressive was the wonderful show put on by a herd of Rizzo's Dolphins with many jumping with acrobatic twists. I'll post photos tomorrow.

        Only a few Buller's Shearwaters, one Ashy and one Fork-tailed Storm-Petrel, quite a few Arctic Terns and Sabine's Gulls, and other shearwaters around the boat all day.

        John

        John Sterling
        VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

        26 Palm Ave