Marsh Sandpiper present on Friday

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2011
      Hi,

      I understand that the Marsh Sandpiper was present yesterday in the small pond on the way out to La Bufadora (the "Blowhole"). This site is 58-miles south of the border and visible on Google Earth as a green pond nestled between the tiny town of Punta Banda and the estuary. Other birds reportedly seen on this day-trip to the Ensenada area included Yellow-green Vireo, Ovenbird, Prothonotary Warbler, Tennessee Warbler, Blackburnian Warbler, Chestnut-sided Warbler, 4 Blackpoll Warblers, Scarlet Tanager, Baltimore Oriole, and Bobolink. For an added bonus, they didn't run into anyone named Monte. All in all, not such a bad way to spend a day of birding.

      Jim Pike
      HB