Hummingbird

  • Douglas Aguillard
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2011
      This morning at Fort Rosecrans on Point Loma, I ran into Tony Luekering and
      Bill Stock (sp?), who were observing a hummingbird that they thought might
      be a Ruby-throated Hummingbird. Images were taken, and now the word I'm
      getting back from Joe Morlan and Guy McCaskie is that the bird looks to be
      an Anna's to them. Tony and Bill also reported seeing an American Redstart
      and a Tropical Kingbird at FRNC, and this was after finding the Bobolink at
      Liberty Station.

      I had a Summer Tanager at FRNC this morning and that was it.
      Doug Aguillard
      National City, CA
      dwaguillard@...

    • Douglas Aguillard
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2011
        Okay folks, enough of the E-mails, it's pretty much was decided it was a
        Anna's and it was posted on both Calbirds and SDBirds shortly thereafter
        that it was an Annas. No need to keep shooting the messenger here.

        This is why the word "Possible" was thrown in, the 3-4 people who saw the
        bird were not sure at anytime, and the two people who discovered the bird
        have more experience with the species than the two locals. It was simply a
        mistake.
        Doug Aguillard
        National City, CA
        dwaguillard@...