No sightings of C. Warbler or Gray V. today in Vta

  • Kay Regester
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2011
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: David Pereksta <pereksta@...>
      To: venturacobirding <venturacobirding@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, October 7, 2011 6:12 PM
      Subject: No Gray Vireo or Conn Warbler

      I just got a call from Todd McGrath who stopped by Laguna Road this afternoon.
      He said that through the chain of reports passed down there throughout the day,
      the Gray Vireo and Connecticut Warbler were not seen today. He also reports a
      big turnover in birds there today with a number of newly arrived Yellows and
      Yellow-rumpeds, several Black-throated Grays, and a Nashville. I suspect the
      others left but will post an update if I get out there tomorrow.

      As a reminder, the tamarisks are on private property and the farmers have been
      tolerant of us over the years. Please bird the area respectfully. Pull your car
      completely off the road and do not block any driveways or gates or enter their
      property with your car. In addition, please get out of the road for cars
      transiting Laguna Road, even if they are in the other lane. As a local, I hear
      complaints from motorists about the behavior of the weekend crowds (not to
      mention witnessing it myself). Respectful behavior should ensure our continued
      enjoyment of the area.

      Thanks

      Dave Pereksta
      Ventura