Monterey Seabirds trip reports

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2011
      The highlight of the Monterey Seabirds Oct. 1st charter was the sighting
      of a very large adult bull SPERM WHALE outside of Carmel Bay on the way
      back to the harbor from Sur Ridge. We are waiting for the only decent
      photos and I will post them when I get them.

      Avian highlights were many XANTUS'S MURRELETS and a single FLESH-FOOTED
      SHEARWATER.

      That trip report featuring text and photos by Blake Matheson and Wendy
      Naruo can be found here:
      http://montereyseabirding.blogspot.com/2011/10/1-trip-report-xantuss-murrelet-and.html

      Trip reports the last two Sept. trips featuring Martijn Verdoes and
      Wendy Naruo photos are also up on the Monterey Seabirding blog:
      http://montereyseabirding.blogspot.com/2011/10/sept-17-trip-report.html
      http://montereyseabirding.blogspot.com/2011/10/sept-10-trip-report.html

      We've got trips on the schedule for October on the 15th, 23rd and 29th.
      Monterey Seabirds has found STREAKED SHEARWATERS on 3 out of our last 5
      mid-October outings. Todd Easterla is planning on being on all these trips.

      Call 831 375-4658 to reserve or you can do online registration on the
      website: http://www.montereyseabirds.com

      Roger that
      Soquel Canyon