Trip Reports & Images: Oct 1 & 2, 2011

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2011
      Howdy, Birders,

      The Shearwater Journeys' trip report and images for the October 1 Monterey Bay trip can be found at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2011/10/trip-report-october-1-2011-monterey-bay.html

      The Shearwater Journeys' trip report for the October 2 Half Moon Bay trip can be found at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2011/10/trip-report-october-2-2011-half-moon.html

      On the October 2 Half Moon Bay trip we observed: nine species of tubenoses, five species of shearwaters, seven species of alcids and five species of pinnipeds. All of the Flesh-footed Shearwaters were carefully scrutinized to be certain that they were not dark morph pink-footed shearwaters, or something else!

      Abe Borker's images from the October 2 Half Moon Bay trip are here:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2011/10/images-of-day-by-abe-borker-october-2.html

      Join us on one of our upcoming trips. All of these dates will have lots of space for photographers! October is a great month for seabirding, and discovering rare tubenoses. We have observed quite a few over the past 36 years. It is the single best month to find a Flesh-footed Shearwater.
      OCTOBER 8 departing from Monterey
      OCTOBER 14 departing from Bodega Bay
      OCTOBER 15 departing from Half Moon Bay

      For reservations, contact Debi Shearwater, below.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi Shearwater

      AKA "Annie Auklet" as played by Angelica Huston in the 20th Century Fox movie, "The Big Year" opening October 14th at a theater near you!

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      High Arctic: Polar Bears, Walrus & Seabirds: 28 Jun - 8 July, 2013 charter with Debi