Connecticut Warbler in Ventura County - YES

  • Timothy Burr
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2011
      I have not yet seen any postings of COWA sightings so thought I would
      say that the warbler was seen this morning (10/4//11). I was at the
      tamarisk trees from 0720 until about 0940. At least 10 others were
      there and, as far as I know, all got to see it at one time or
      another. It was seen, (or rather when it would let us see it as it
      was quick, short views), in the row of tamarisks north (towards E.
      Pleasant Valley Road) from the break into the farm fields to the end
      of that row, mostly in the center portion, upper third of the canopy.
      2 Juncos, a Townsend's WA, and Brewers SP were also seen but, as of
      the time I left, the Gray Vireo had not been seen.
      Tim Burr
      Poway