Bufferlands Big Day

  • Lambert & Conard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2002
      Hello everyone,

      Sorry for the posts to multiple lists.

      Bufferlands Big Day
      April 20th
      7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

      There is still room on the list for the Bufferlands Big Day. The
      Bufferlands surrounding the Sacramento Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant
      contain diverse habitat types with over 200 bird species recorded. We will
      attempt to find 100 species or more. Great-tailed Grackles are present in
      low numbers, and Least Bittern is always an outside chance. Spring
      migration should be peaking while some lingering winter residents will be
      present. Shorebird numbers are building right now, and the conditions
      should be excellent on the 20th. Last year a Ruff was present for three
      weeks. Who knows what we will find this year?

      The event is free, but space is limited, so you need to register in advance.

      To register or for more information contact:

      Chris Conard
      hfrog@... (home)
      (916) 362-5942
      conardc@... (work)