Connecticut and Mourning Warblers at Pt Reyes

  • tertial
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2011
      Today Michael Perrone and I refound yesterday's MOURNING WARBLER at Pt Reyes (though it was a real skulker). Just about to give up on it, we then found a confiding and walking CONNECTICUT WARBLER. Both birds were in the pines (not the cypresses) beyond the house at the Fish Docks. A nearby Mac completed the Oporonis trifecta.

      Other highlights:
      Fish Docks: 2 Blackpoll Warblers
      New Willows: Chestnut-sided Warbler
      Lighthouse: Tennessee Warbler
      Nunes Ranch: Olive-sided Flycather
      Spaletta Plateau: imm Harlan's Hawk

      good birding,

      Steve Hampton
      Davis, CA
    • Louis Libert
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2011
        Went to Fish Docks at Chimney Rock in Point Reyes this morning. A group of 5 of us saw the Connecticut Warbler around 10am. It was mostly in the Pines beyond the resident house on the right side of the road. We saw it on and off for about a half hour until it flew down the hill in the direction of the docks. We were unable to find it after that. No sign of the Mourning or Blackpoll Warblers as of 12pm when I left.

        Good luck!
        Louis Libert
        Oakland, CA