In Monterey for Birding this week

  • Vincent McGrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2011
      Hi Everybody,
      Just flew in today for week of serious birding. Some of you may know me, I'll meet many on Mon, Wed, and Sat pelagic trips, Thank you Shearwater Journeys. That leaves me several days for shorebirds and landbirds. Anyone for birding? We bird Monterey area tomorrow. Looking for western owls shorebirds Cal Thrasher.
      First birds of the trip. Low in the basin just outside of Oakland airport- 12 Marbled Godwit, 11+Willets, a Killdeer and a few dozen Western Gulls. 2 American Crows in the enterprise rental lot sounded a lot like fish crow. Did I mention we are from southwest Florida where fish crows crowd the byways.

      Mcavian@...
      Vince McGrath
      Fort Myers, Fl