White-Chinned Petrel Photos

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2011
      Birders:

      I have posted a few pics to my Flickr site of the 9/6 White-chinned Petrel in the Santa Barbara Channel. Sorry for the delay, but I just got back from the 5 day Searcher trip today. I am sure full details of this great trip will be posted soon.

      To see the Petrel visit here:

      Visit here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35719772@N06/

      There are two trips coming up that will visit Santa Barbara Channel and the waters offshore. Sept 17 and Oct 1 we have trips heading out of Santa Barbara on the mighty Condor Express. Call the Sea Landing at 888-77whale to book your spot on one of these fun 8-9 hour trips.

      It has been a great (pun intended) year off CA with Great Shearwater, and Great-winged Petrel seen on Shearwater Journeys trips, as well as Hawaiian Petrel in SF County on an Audubon trip.

      Down here in SoCal we have had a Cook's, a "dark-rumped" Petrel (too distant to ID to species) as well as White-Chinned Petrel, and it is only early September. It is shaping up to be one of the most memorable seabird years in quite some time. There are more goodies out there.

      Visit ShearwaterJourneys.com for Debi's list of remaining trips (many are close to full, so don't delay)

      In addition there are a couple of trips remaining out of San Diego including a 56 hour trip out to the deep. Who knows what that trip will find this year. See Socalbirding.com for the full list of trips and info on how to sign-up.

      I hope you will find time to get offshore on one or more of these fine trips. I can't guarantee you will see a rare seabird, but if you don't go offshore, I can guarantee you won't!

      I can't wait to get back offshore on the 17th!

      Todd McGrath
      skua@...
      Calabasas CA