Santa Barbary County White-chinned Petrel Trailer

  • thunefeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2011
      MOVIE TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDathWSjSxo

      SEARCHER has returned from its 4-day journey from San Diego to the Channel Islands then out to sea. On Tuesday afternoon as we were departing the Channel Islands for the continental shelf (7 n. miles north of San Miguel Island, 14 n. miles south of Point Conception), a White-chinned Petrel came into Adam Searcy's slick.

      Todd McGrath obtained awesome photos (one of them seen in this video) and I obtained some fuzzy video footage seen in this 20 second "movie trailer." The full trip report, video and trip trax are currently in production as we await participants to get home and email us some of their best photos.

      MOVIE TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDathWSjSxo

      Todd has scheduled an 8-hour day trip on the fast Condor Express next weekend on Saturday, September 17 and plans to cover these same waters.

      SEPT 17 TRIP: http://socalbirding.com/upcomingtrips/santabarbarasep17.html

      W. Terry Hunefeld, Encinitas
      Life is short. Seabird often.
      In memory of Luke Cole and Mike San Miguel
      "Come on out with us to see what's out there."

      Southern California Seabirding Trips
      by: Buena Vista Audubon Society
      http://www.SoCalBirding.com
      Los Coronados Islands & Nine Mile Bank
      all the way to the edge of the Continental Shelf