Monterey Seabirds this weekend

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
      Ahoy Seabirders,

      We have 22 birders signed up for this Saturday's (Sept. 10)Monterey
      Seabirds all day trip. We'll be aboard the Pt. Sur Clipper that has a
      capacity for 48 people but we don't crowd the boat by taking no more
      than 30 participants. Cost is $120 per person.

      Todd Easterla will be on board as one of our spotters. He's been
      instrumental at finding rarities. He's spotted WEDGE-TAILED and multiple
      STREAKED SHEARWATERS on our fall trips as well as the GREAT-WINGED
      PETREL last year to name a few. He's my favorite person to seabird with
      and one of the best seabirders I know of. He is tenacious and his
      enthusiasm for birding is contagious.

      We'll also have the magnet Martijn Verdoes and Matthew Dodder on board
      as spotters. Alex Rinkert and Tayla Easterla will be chumming.

      On Sunday (Sept. 11) we have a half day trip on the schedule from 9am to
      2pm at $50 per person. We are at the peak of seabird diversity at this
      time of year!

      Call 831 375-4658 to reserve or do it online at
      http://www.montereyseabirds.com

      Hope you can join us!
      Roger Wolfe for Monterey Seabirds
      Soquel Canyon