Condors on KCET, Los Angeles Station, Sunday, 4 Sept., 8 p.m.

  • Chuck & Lillian
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      Birders:

      Here�s a program of special interest to birders in California.
      A non-birding acquaintance of mine in the film industry alerted me to it.
      It�s a special showing of the 30-minute film �In Search of the California Condor� on KCET this coming Sunday, 4 Sept. at 8 p.m.

      <http://www.kcet.org/shows/in_search_of_the_california_condor/in-search-of-the-california-condor.html>Link to KCET program announcement.

      The producer Matrine Work sent me the following description of the film. She can be contacted at <martine_jozan AT verizon DOT net>

      In Search of the California Condor

      This original 16 mm film footage was shot by filmmaker Matrine Jozan Work�s late husband Telford Work, then a student at Stanford University Medical School. It documents the search for condors in the Sespe area of Southern California. From egg to six months of age the condor is shown in its natural habitat. By digitizing the 16 mm film and adding narration and music, Martine Work was able to put this old footage in a more educational and palatable format. Photographs from T. Work�s archives and other sources (with written permission) were used to make up a small introduction about the history of the condor and a conclusion covering the recent successes in recovery. Both the original film and photographs have been donated to the Museum of Santa Barbara.
      Finalist: Merit Award for Editing at the 32nd International Wildlife Film Festival in Missoula, Montana.

      Chuck Almdale
      North Hills, Ca.