Galileo Hill/Silver Saddle Fall Birding Status
Communication with Silver Saddle staff as of this Thursday morning,
September 1, 2011...
Please read Galileo Hill/Silver Saddle Ranch & Club 2011 Fall Birding
Status, Expectations, & Requirements...
Continuing as during this past spring migration birding period...
* birders check in at office all days
* early birders who arrive before office staff are present check
in when office opens
* park in main parking lot in spaces next to pond
* birding grounds any weekday is OK (bungalow and hotel
exceptions noted below)
* no formal groups of birders on weekends and long weekend holidays
* "a birder or a few birders here and there on the weekend is ok"
* birders stay out of the hotel/motel courtyard
* birders stay away from the bungalows
* birders - do NOT interfere with guests/members in any way
* restaurant open to the public for 5pm-8pm Saturday dinner;
8am-10am Sunday breakfast
* motel open only to members and sales guests
Some birders come to Galileo Hill/Silver Saddle based on ABA's "A
Birder's Guide to Southern California." When birding Galileo feel
free to pass on to them the information above so there is a less
likely chance of an inadvertent action which leads to closure to
birders (e.g.: check-in rule). Thank you.
Happy & Productive Fall Birding,
Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]