Northern Goshawk - Hetch Hetchy

  • richard s. cimino
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2011
      Morning,
      If you traveling to Yosemite NP this weekend, you may be interested.
      Yesterday morning on the Evergreen Rd. the road to Hetch Hetchy I
      observed a Northern Goshawk on Evergreen Rd.
      Location: From Hwy 120 turn left on to Evergreen Rd. as you cross the
      very first bridge on Evergreen Rd ( Crane Creek ? ) drive about 50
      feet, on the left there is an opening in the forest.
      The NOGO came out of this opening.
      It wasn't chasing a bird so it was a bit relaxed, it circled over me and
      return to the left of the road (north-side of road) a high elevated pine
      on an branch close to the trunk.
      There was no calling, NOGO was staring at me from the perch and did not
      leave it's perch.
      Have a great long weekend,
      Rich Cimino
      Alameda County