Any updates for Saturday? Common Ringed Plover RFI

  • Tiwari, Vivek
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2011
      Have not seen any reports come through today (8/27).
      Is the bird still being seen?

      Sun AM (8/28) is the only chance I have to get up there so hoping that it was seen today.

      Thanks for any updates - positive or negative.

      Vivek Tiwari
      Sunnyvale, CA
    • d9strait
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27, 2011
        As of 10:00 AM when I left the Davis Wetlands, the Common Ringed Plover had not been seen today.

        Dan Strait
        Roseville, CA

        --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "Tiwari, Vivek" <Vivek.Tiwari@...> wrote:

        > Have not seen any reports come through today (8/27).
        > Is the bird still being seen?
        >
        > Sun AM (8/28) is the only chance I have to get up there so hoping that it was seen today.
        >
        > Thanks for any updates - positive or negative.
        >
        > Vivek Tiwari
        > Sunnyvale, CA

      • Nick & Mary Freeman
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2011
          Hi Birders

          The plover was not found today despite searches made by many birders present. As we waited to get our flat tire fixed, there must have been well over 100 SWAINSON'S HAWKS kettling over Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area.

          Good Birding!

          Mary Freeman
          Glendale, CA

          Sent from my iPhone